Wednesday 20 April 2016

Christine Sin Kim




The convoluted path of research leads you to many wonders, I find this constantly in curating this blog but now also in my studies. I have been researching silent books or wordless books. books that communicate through pictures alone.
Strangely and I have no idea how, apart from that I was exploring different methods of communication, this meant that I found Christine Sin Kim last week. First this TED presentation:


Then this wonder of a film:


I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.
Christine Sin Kim is an American artist who is seeking to expose and discover sound in new ways originally through drawings but now in performance works. Christine was born deaf and so has a completely different knowledge and experience of sound. Her work is a great insight into looking and experiencing fundamental realities in new ways.

1 comment:

  1. J'ai trouvé la vidéo sous-titrée en français sur TED. Merci, Magnifique et inspirant.

    ReplyDelete